mpt-status - retrieve configuration and health status from LSI hardware RAID
mpt-status [ options ]
The mpt-status software is a query tool to access the running configuration and
status of LSI SCSI HBAs. mpt-status allows you to monitor the health and
status of your RAID setup.
- This will try to automatically load the mptctl kernel
- -u --controller <int>
- Set the IOC unit (controller).
- -h --help
- Print some help information.
- -n --newstyle
- Use the new style output. This parameter was introduced to
retain backwards compatibility. If not set, you get the old style output.
It is very likely that the output of the newstyle format will change
heavily in the future, so do not rely on it when writing plugins for
monitoring software, for example.
- -i --set_id <int>
- Set id of primary device (check README).
- -p --probe_id
- Use this to probe SCSI id's when not on id 0.
- -q --quiet
- Do not display any warnings.
- -s --status_only
- Only print the status information. This can be used for
- -v --verbose
- Print verbose information, such as warnings
- -V --version
- Print version information
- -d --debug [<int>]
- Enable debugging and set level optionally. NOTE: This is
not fully implemented yet.
The program's exit(2) status is meant to be interpreted as a bit mask. If
everything went well, zero is returned. If not (i.e. if for example an error
or unknown condition is detected), the bits of the return value shall be
||Abnormal condition / unknown error
||A logical volume has failed
||A logical volume is degraded
||A logical volume is resyncing
||At least one physical disk failed
||At least one physical disk is in warning condition
Report bugs to your linux distribution or software vendor, if mpt-status was
bundled on your installation. If you have been compiling mpt-status from the
vanilla sources and experience problems, redirect them to preferably
<firstname.lastname@example.org> or <email@example.com>.
Besides design bugs, gross software engineering and missing features, this
software is considered pretty stable and can be used in production
LSI Logic provides CLI tools for megaraid controllers which you can find on
their webpage, following http://www.lsil.com/cm/DownloadSearch.do
mpt-status was written by Roberto Nibali <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was written by Steffen Joeris
<email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used