ovs-tcpdump - Dump traffic from an Open vSwitch port using tcpdump
ovs-tcpdump -i port tcpdump options...
creates switch mirror ports in the ovs-vswitchd
and executes tcpdump
to listen against those ports. When the
instance exits, it then cleans up the mirror port it created.
will not allow multiple mirrors for the same port. It has
some logic to parse the current configuration and prevent duplicate mirrors.
option may not appear multiple times.
It is important to note that under Linux
based kernels, tap devices do
not receive packets unless the specific tuntap device has been opened by an
application. This requires CAP_NET_ADMIN
privileges, so the
command must be run as a user with such permissions (this
is usually a super-user).
- Prints a brief help message to the console.
- Prints version information to the console.
- The Open vSwitch database socket connection string. The
default is unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
- The command to run instead of tcpdump.
- The interface for which a mirror port should be created,
and packets should be dumped.
- The name of the interface which should be the destination
of the mirrored packets. The default is miINTERFACE