plpprintd - Daemon for printing via PC from a Psion.
plpprintd [-d] [-h] [-v] [-V] [-s
spooldir] [-c print-cmd] [-p
plpprintd provides a print server for a Psion, connected to the PC. Using
plpprintd, you can use the Psion's "Print via PC" feature to access
any printer, available on your PC. When receiving a print job, the data is
converted to Postscript® and then send to a printer.
- -d, --debug
- Enable additional debug messages and stay in foreground (do
- -h, --help
- Display a short help text and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Increase verbosity
- -V, --version
- Display the version and exit
- -s, --spooldir=dir
- Specify a directory to use for temporary spool files. If
this option is missing, a builtin default /var/spool/plpprint is
- -c, --printcmd=cmd
- Specify a command for actually sending a print job to the
printer. The specified command must receive the data from its standard
input. If this option is missing, a builtin default lpr -Ppsion is
- -p, --port=[host:]port
- Specify the host and port to connect to (e.g. The port
where ncpd is listening on) - by default the host is 127.0.0.1 and the
port is looked up in /etc/services. If it is not found there, a builtin
value of 7501 is used.
- contains the Postscript(®) dictionary, needed for
printing the jobs.
- specifies the font mapping to be used. This file is used to
convert the Psion's font names into valid Postscript(®) font names.
Its format is described at the beginning of it. If a Psion font name is
received which can not be found in this file, a builtin default Courier is
Using patterns in diagrams gives ugly results.
ncpd(8), plpfuse(8), plpftp(1), sisinstall(1)