- Display Puppet help.
puppet help action
Note that any setting that´s valid in the configuration file is also a
valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present
action. For example, server
are valid settings, so
you can specify --server <servername>
, or --run_mode
as an argument.
See the configuration file documentation at
the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration
options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig
- --render-as FORMAT
- The format in which to render output. The most common
formats are json, s (string), yaml, and
console, but other options such as dot are sometimes
- Whether to log verbosely.
- Whether to log debug information.
- help - Display help about Puppet subcommands and
- puppet help [--version VERSION] [subcommand]
- Display help about Puppet subcommands and their
- OPTIONS --version VERSION - The version of
the subcommand for which to show help.
- Short help text for the specified subcommand or
Get help for an action:
$ puppet help
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING