pynslcd - local LDAP name service daemon
is a daemon that will do LDAP queries for local processes that
want to do user, group and other naming lookups (NSS) or do user
authentication, authorisation or password modification (PAM).
is configured through a configuration file (see
See the included README for information on configuring the LDAP server.
accepts the following options:
- -c, --check
- Check if the daemon is running. This causes pynslcd
to return 0 if the daemon is already running and 1 if it is not.
- -d, --debug
- Enable debugging mode. pynslcd will not put itself
in the background and sends verbose debugging info to stderr.
pynslcd will handle connections as usual. This option is for
debugging purposes only. Specify this option multiple times to also
include more detailed logging from the LDAP library.
- -n, --nofork
- Do not fork or daemonise and run pynslcd in the
- Display short help and exit.
- -V, --version
- Output version information and exit.
- the configuration file (see nslcd.conf
This manual was written by Arthur de Jong <email@example.com>.