rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards.
A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often
that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed.
Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These
are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise.
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab
entry to do this.
0 * * * * /usr/sbin/rt-email-dashboards
This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further
tweaking to be run as the correct user.
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging.
- Display this documentation
- Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't
actually generate or email any of them
- --time SECONDS
- Instead of using the current time to figure out which
dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st,
1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007).
- --epoch SECONDS
- Back-compat for --time SECONDS.
- Ignore subscription frequency when considering each
dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and
- --log LEVEL
- Adjust LogToSTDERR config option