showq - list the Postfix mail queue
showq [generic Postfix daemon options]
(8) daemon reports the Postfix mail queue status. The output is
meant to be formatted by the postqueue(1) command, as it emulates the Sendmail
(8) daemon can also be run in stand-alone mode by the superuser.
This mode of operation is used to emulate the `mailq' command while the
Postfix mail system is down.
(8) daemon can run in a chroot jail at fixed low privilege, and
takes no input from the client. Its service port is accessible to local
untrusted users, so the service can be susceptible to denial of service
None. The showq
(8) daemon does not interact with the outside world.
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd
Changes to main.cf
are picked up automatically as showq
processes run for only a limited amount of time. Use the command "
" to speed up a change.
The text below provides only a parameter summary. See postconf
more details including examples.
- config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output)
- The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf
- daemon_timeout (18000s)
- How much time a Postfix daemon process may take to handle a
request before it is terminated by a built-in watchdog timer.
- duplicate_filter_limit (1000)
- The maximal number of addresses remembered by the address
duplicate filter for aliases(5) or virtual(5) alias
expansion, or for showq(8) queue displays.
- empty_address_recipient (MAILER-DAEMON)
- The recipient of mail addressed to the null address.
- ipc_timeout (3600s)
- The time limit for sending or receiving information over an
internal communication channel.
- max_idle (100s)
- The maximum amount of time that an idle Postfix daemon
process waits for an incoming connection before terminating
- max_use (100)
- The maximal number of incoming connections that a Postfix
daemon process will service before terminating voluntarily.
- process_id (read-only)
- The process ID of a Postfix command or daemon process.
- process_name (read-only)
- The process name of a Postfix command or daemon
- queue_directory (see 'postconf -d' output)
- The location of the Postfix top-level queue directory.
- syslog_facility (mail)
- The syslog facility of Postfix logging.
- syslog_name (see 'postconf -d' output)
- A prefix that is prepended to the process name in syslog
records, so that, for example, "smtpd" becomes
Available in Postfix version 2.9 and later:
- enable_long_queue_ids (no)
- Enable long, non-repeating, queue IDs (queue file
/var/spool/postfix, queue directories
pickup(8), local mail pickup service
cleanup(8), canonicalize and enqueue mail
qmgr(8), queue manager
postconf(5), configuration parameters
master(8), process manager
syslogd(8), system logging
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software.
IBM T.J. Watson Research
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
111 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10011, USA