snnewgroup - create a new sn newsgroup
assigning it an upstream NNTP server
. If port
is not specified, defaults to
119. If server
is also not specified, newsgroup
is created as a
local group which is fed only by articles POSTed to it.
You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to add new groups.
- If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place
of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory.
- Directory where articles will be stored.
- Empty file for the newsgroup creation time.
- Where snget gets its idea of the new starting serial
number for newsgroup on server server:port. The value
is initialized to 0.
- If server is specified, is a symlink to
/var/spool/sn/.outgoing/server:port, which is a directory,
created if it does not already exist. If server is not specified,
no file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing will be created. See also