sync-available - sync dpkg's available database with apt's database
This program updates the dpkg
database with the data
in the apt
(8) package database. This is required for
(1) and other similar programs to give up-to-date
The same functionality is available through dselect
(8), when it is
configured to use apt
(8) as its acquisition method. However, this
program does not require that dselect
(8) is installed.
The program exits with status code 0
if all went well, and a non-zero
status code otherwise.
- Output the name and version of the program onto standard
- Give a brief usage statement on the standard output
- The name of the directory where temporary files are
created. Default is /tmp.
The program and this manual page were written by Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho