telepathy-gabble - Telepathy connection manager for XMPP (Jabber)
Gabble implements the Telepathy D-Bus specification for XMPP (Jabber), allowing
Telepathy clients like empathy
(1) to connect to XMPP accounts,
including Google Talk.
It is a D-Bus service which runs on the session bus, and should usually be
started automatically by D-Bus activation. However, it might be useful to
start it manually for debugging.
There are no command-line options.
- If set, debug output will go to the given file rather than
to stderr. If + is prepended to the filename (e.g.
GABBLE_LOGFILE=+gabble.log), debug output will be appended to the
file; otherwise, any existing file will be replaced.
- May be set to "all" for full debug output, or
various undocumented options (which may change from release to release) to
filter the output.
- May be set to "all" for full debug output from
the Wocky XMPP library used by Gabble, or various undocumented options
(which may change from release to release) to filter the output. For
general Gabble debugging, "net" is recommended.
- If set (to any value), Gabble will continue running until
killed, rather than timing out if it has no open connections for a few
- If set, and Gabble was compiled with plugin support,
plugins will be loaded from directory rather than from the default