releases an NVRAM area. The user must provide the index of
the NVRAM area. If owner authentication is required then the user must provide
the owner password.
Note that some areas cannot be released since they are permanent. Others can be
release only after a reboot of the system.
The following options are supported:
- -h, --help
- Display command usage info.
- -v, --version
- Display command version info.
- -l, --log [none|error|info|debug]
- Set logging level.
- -u, --unicode
- Use TSS UNICODE encoding for passwords to comply with
applications using TSS popup boxes
- -y, --owner-well-known
- Use a secret of all zeros (20 bytes of zeros) as the
- -o, --pwdo
- The owner password.
A password may be directly provided for example by using '--pwdo=password'
or '-opassword'. If no password is provided with this option then the
program will prompt the user for the password.
- -i, --index
- The index of the NVRAM area that is to be released. The
parameter may either be a decimal number or a hexadecimal number starting
Report bugs to <email@example.com>