utmp_register — make entries in the utmp/wtmp database
] [-h host
] [ -p id1
] [-s id2
] [ -u utmpfile
] [-w wtmpfile
utmp_register is a helper program for programs which do not want to do the
UTMP/WTMP handling within themselves.
- Add entry.
- Delete entry.
- Perform operation on the utmp file.
- Perform operation on the wtmp file.
- Encode PID into the "ut_id" field.
- -h host
- Host field.
- -l user
- User field.
- -t tty
- TTY field.
- -p pid
- Unique ID 1
- -s session
- Unique ID 2.
- -u file
- Path to the utmp file, defaults to /var/run/utmp.
- -w file
- Path to wtmp file, defaults to /var/log/wtmp.
-A and -D can be specified together, in which case an entry is added and
instantly removed again (utmp), or a login of duration zero is recorded