wondershaper - simple traffic shaping script
This manual page documents briefly the wondershaper
script. This manual
page was written for the Debian distribution because the original script does
not have a manual page.
is a traffic shaping script that provides low latency,
prioritizes bulk transfers below normal web traffic, prioritizes interactive
shells above normal web traffic, and attempts to prevent upload and download
traffic from affecting each other's ack packets. Put simply, the wondershaper
makes your internet connection more "responsive"
A summary of wondershaper syntax is included below. For a complete description,
see the files in /usr/share/doc/wondershaper.
- wondershaper [ interface ]
- Shows the status of traffic shaping on that interface.
- wondershaper clear [ interface ]
- Removes all traffic shaping from that interface.
- wondershaper [ interface ] [ downlink ] [ uplink
- Configures the wondershaper on the specified interface,
given the specified downlink speed in kilobits per second, and the
specified uplink speed in kilobits per second.
The programs are documented fully by:
This manual page was written by Vince Mulhollon <email@example.com>, for the
Debian project (but may be used by others).