yptest - test NIS configuration
yptest [-q] [-d domain] [-h host] [-m
map] [-u user]
calls various NIS functions to check if the NIS configuration is
correct and works as expected.
- Be quiet, don't print messages
- -d domainname
- Specify a domain other than the default domain as returned
by domainname(1). This option is not supported by all tests.
- -h hostname
- Query ypserv on hostname instead of the currently
used one. This option is not supported by all tests.
- -m map
- Use the map map for the tests instead of
passwd.byname. This option should be used if the default map does
- -u user
- Use the account user instead of nobody. This
option should be used if the nobody account does not exist in the
map used for testing (passwd.byname or the one given with the
is part of the yp-tools
package, which was written by
Thorsten Kukuk <email@example.com>.