Lucy::Docs::Tutorial - Step-by-step introduction to Apache Lucy.
Explore Apache Lucy's basic functionality by starting with a minimalist CGI
search app based on Lucy::Simple and transforming it, step by step, into an
"advanced search" interface utilizing more flexible core modules
like Lucy::Index::Indexer and Lucy::Search::IndexSearcher.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::Simple - Build a bare-bones search
app using Lucy::Simple.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::BeyondSimple - Rebuild the app using
core classes like Indexer and IndexSearcher in place of Lucy::Simple.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::FieldType - Experiment with different
field characteristics using subclasses of Lucy::Plan::FieldType.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::Analysis - Examine how the choice of
Lucy::Analysis::Analyzer subclass affects search results.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::Highlighter - Augment search results
with highlighted excerpts.
- Lucy::Docs::Tutorial::QueryObjects - Unlock advanced search
features by using Query objects instead of query strings.
The source material used by the tutorial app -- a multi-text-file presentation
of the United States constitution -- can be found in the "sample"
directory at the root of the Lucy distribution, along with finished indexing
and search apps.
sample/indexer.pl # indexing app
sample/search.cgi # search app
sample/us_constitution # corpus
The user is expected to be familiar with OO Perl and basic CGI programming.
The code in this tutorial assumes a Unix-flavored operating system and the
Apache webserver, but will work with minor modifications on other setups.
More advanced and esoteric subjects are covered in Lucy::Docs::Cookbook.