netwrite - send a message on a socket
int netwrite (int s, char *buf, int
ssize_t netwrite_timeout (int s, void
*buf, size_t nbytes, int
sends a message on a socket.
This routine returns the number of bytes if the operation was successful, 0 if
the connection was closed by the remote end or -1 if the operation failed. In
the latter case, serrno
is set appropriately.
- The function was interrupted by a signal.
- s is not a valid descriptor.
- The socket is non-blocking and there is no space available
in the system buffers for the message.
- buf is not a valid pointer.
- nbytes is negative or zero.
- s is not a socket.
- Connection closed by remote end.
- Timed out.
LCG Grid Deployment